Tag Archives: schoolwear
We were recently sent a Puddle Pac-a-Mac to review by the lovely people at Muddy Puddles. I first came across this brand when I was teaching in Suffolk about 12 years ago and their waterproof products were always the toughest and most durable waterproofs that the children brought in. I always remembered Muddy Puddles and when I became a parent they are the people I always have a look at first for anything outdoors related.
With the new school year just around the corner my thoughts are very much on getting all our uniform together and jumped at the chance to test out the Puddle Pac-a-Mac on G. The Pac-a-Mac is not just for school though as it is so lightweight and handy that we used it in the garden and on our holiday too. The coat folds into it’s pocket, making it really handy to throw into your bag on a day out.
Muddy Puddles have tweaked the coat slightly this year making it a slimmer, more fitted cut for Spring/Summer 2015
Features of the Puddle Pac-a-Mac
- 50% lighter than the Originals kids waterproof jacket range
- All seams taped and sealed
- Full length, yank proof zip
- Neatly folds away into the jacket pocket
- Secure Carabiner clip, once folded away
- Fully machine washable
- Wash at 30°C
- Never use a washing liqud or fabric conditioner on any waterproof garment. These liquids coat the outer surface and ruin the waterproof finish.
- Remove from the washing machine and hang to dry for best results
- Composition: 100% Polyester with PU Coating
One of the things G liked about the coat was the soft cuffs, as he can be a bit fussy about tight sleeves. The elastic is very soft and comfy, so not scratchy like his previous raincoat he had for Kindergarten.
The Puddle Pac-a-Mac is currently on sale with 30% off making this a great bargain for such a quality product. They do a matching Puddle Trouser too!
We were given a Puddle Pac-a-Mac for the purpose of this review.